add'l parts Reducing parts pile

dave brode

Reaction score
Edited - PLEASE no posts here. PM or email.

Condensed version;
I have one set of 7" olds rods left. They are fully prepped, shot peened, balanced, good bolts. $150 for those. They are sized for the BBC pins.

CadCo "540" cam is 234/234 at .050", .327" lobe lift, 109* LSA. $140, or, $185 with anti-pump uplifters that came with it.

New Potter steel main girdle with their nicely made matching pu tube, for eldo depth pan. Tube could be shortened easily for less depth. $195 for both. Note - Potter gets $360 with main studs. I do not have the studs that they sell for it, but if you have studs that stick past the nut 1/4" or so, they would work with the girdle sitting on the caps. Might work better than with double nuts, imo.
http://www.cadillacperformanceparts.com ... &Itemid=64

71-73 472 shortblock with pretty nice std bores $125.

76cc and 120cc head cores, 5200 blocks, 472 crank and 500 crank core. Don't want to ship, and you don't want to pay the high shipping anyway, but if you are close enough....PM or email for needs and prices.

Early 70xxx Caddy QJ carbs $25, $35 for two.

Early iron non egr intake $25, $35 with choke stat for early divorced choke carbs.

Good solid stock flex plates $20 ea.

All plus shipping. Instead of questions here, email me at dbrode@atlanticbb.net.

Dave
Frostburg, Maryland
301-689-5503

Runnin L8

Reaction score
Re: Reducing parts pile

E-mail sent with my phone number. I've got quite a few hair brained ideas, so feel free to give me a call to discuss.

dave brode

Reaction score

Most interest is on the 2115.

I should have noted that the port roofs are raised apx .070" to align with a head that has roof raised apx .150", but not funnelled out at the head flange [bad thing]. This fit was on a block that was decked a tad and heads that were cut .040", using no intake gasket [right stuff]. On a block/heads that were cut less, the intake would sink some, so intake gaskets could be used. Here is the thread showing pics of the intake. Note the work in the plenum, good or bad, including the oops hole. Some would say the plenum work is bad, no doubt. It seems to run well on my truck, whatever the case.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9185&hilit=air+gap+Dave

Why would you raise the roof that little bit? We've talked about [well, maybe mostly I've talked about] raising the roof in the head to remove the hook. I for one would never build a caddy without doing so, unless it had a stock iron intake, on which, the curved port roof matches the hook in the head. It gained my stock valved 87 octane late 500 engine 200 rpm of useable power. I suspect it would be worth more on more. My opinion is, it might not show up on a flow bench, but it makes a difference. The edel roof does NOT match the angle of the stock head's roof.

Here's a thread on the roof angles;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9064&p=98415&hilit=attack+angle+Dave#p98415

I also should also note that i'm not looking to pull it off tonight, but I am serious about selling. Not that it's worth a zillion.

Dave

bugzaper

Reaction score

Trade one of my wife's registered miniature poodles for that "514" truck engine, I don't think she'd notice if one was missing... :scratchchin: .

dave brode

Reaction score

Tom did ask first,actually a week or more ago.. Offers would still be considered, for him to match if he should, of course :devil:

Maybe trade for something from his pile lol

Dave

mario

Reaction score

dave brode said:
Tom did ask first,actually a week or more ago.. Dave

just amazing act, tom, dave posts parts for sale on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 pm but you ask a week or more ago. you have missed your calling, now that KARNAC is dead, you can take his place!!!
ciao,
mario

p.s.: tom, can you read my mind???

dave brode

Reaction score

Actually, he didn't say, but I believe that he keenly noticed a subtle remark that I made in a previous post and PM'd me about it. I did not give him a price, nor did he make an offer, but since he did ask, I would feel morally obligated to give him oportunity to better any offer that I might recieve.

Hell, that hasn't happened anyway.

Edit; he could have acted on my Jan 10 or Jan 17 coments in the "do we need....

DB

dave brode

Reaction score

Ted in Olympia said:
What did you use to fill the lifter valley if you did not use a stock intake?

TED

Hi Ted,

Welded bottom. If the ports weren't raised, one could probably skip that, and use the stock tin, and either rtv or stock end rubbers. I first thought that I still could, but the tin would not move up high enough. The ports are still not taller than the tin opening, but the bend in the tin below the port openings would not allow moving it up high enough.

iirc, some guys doing ford adaptions used a stock tin to seal the engine.

There are more pics in an old thread linked above, but here are some.

Dave

Attachments

• Aug28#04.JPG
    Aug28#04.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 4,379
  • Aug28#02.JPG
    Aug28#02.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 4,379
  • Sep06#09.JPG
    Sep06#09.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 4,379
  • Sep06#10.JPG
    Sep06#10.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 4,379

bugzaper

Reaction score

Dave, what would be shipping costs on the stock non-egr manifold?

Thanks!

dave brode

Reaction score

PMs sent

I must add:

I hate it when a guy has a certain rare or one off piece and he seems to so enjoy folks "coveting" said item, but he really does not want to sell it. I am not that way, and EVERYTHING that I own is for sale. Not just what's on the list. How about a yellow truck with choice of engines? Opel GT? Harley? Rebuilt snowblower? S10? House in western Maryland? [we have a senic train here!] lol

Other than the "entertaining offers" on the complete engine or shortblock, I listed a price on everthing else, besides the intake. I did tell someone $3500 for the engine, minus intake. I have not asked X amount for the intake from anyone, and I have recieved only one offer than I passed on. Tom did ask about it first, and I trust that he takes no offense on me poking around before he has the chance to better any offer that I might get.

The intake was a good bit of work. I know that it's not worth $5000, or even $500, but I did hope that I could get something for my time. I must admit that I bought both of my 2115s used, but they aren't than common used. A new one is $300, plus $13 "free" shipping at summit. Probably more at our vendors.

Although for all I know, mine might not make 1 horse more than a stocker, or less for all I know. We just don't have any real data on what this or that plenum "mod" does. Perhaps hurting the sale is the fact that the roofs are raised. Again, imo, raising the roof in the iron head .100-.150" is a must imo if you want to make power for a couple of hours worth of work.

DB

I wish that I would have ebay'd the intake.

PROSTOCKTOM

Reaction score

Dave,

No offense taken.

Why don't you put it on eBay and see what the market will bear?

I figure it be cheaper to buy yours done than spend the time to build on myself.

I just thought it looked cool and that it might as well take up some shelf space in my shop.

Tom

dave brode

Reaction score

I'm muddying my own danged thread

On the subject of port roofs;

Unless the several engines that I've worked on are different than most, I believe that if guys would actually check port alignment, in most cases, they would find that the roofs in their 2115 are sitting above the head port roof if the head port entrance is stock, esp if paper gaskets are used. Fwiw, I have found that with as little as .040" total cut from block and heads, even the stock tin raises the 2115 up too high.

If I was slapping something together and wasn't going to check alignment, my guess would be that raising the head roofs 1.5x whatever is cut from the block and heads would be a good guess for the stock tin. More if paper gaskets are used.

DB

I wish that I would have ebay'd the intake.[/quote]

crazy

Reaction score

dave brode said:
All,

Make offers on anything that tickles your fancy;

Set new "for caddy chamber" probe 4.330 28cc dish for 500 crank and 7" rod, chevy pin [will work with olds 7"]. An unbalanced set that I will need to balance. $300

Set 4.350 BBC SRP one notch flat tops on arp bolts fully prepped polished and shotpeened 7" olds rods. Low miles and nice shape. $500 firm.

7" and 6.735" olds pressed rods sets. $60/$35

7" bushed early old rods $50

Early iron non egr intake $25

425 mid sump pan $25. I might have a pu tube for $, but they are $25 ish at advancedauto

425 pulleys and brackets $40

Set pretty nice stock '70 500 pistons on stock rods with resized big end and sized for good side clearance. $125.

Set new KB 18cc dish 4.350" BBC pistons [1.645" CH] with new gapless 2nds rings. Work with 7" rods in 500. Dish should clear valves with 76cc with most cams, and give 10.3-1 or so with 80cc chamber. $200

New 6.8" BBC Eagle H beams. $330

New 4.466" bore GM 502 crate engine pistons. Would work with 7" rods and 500 crank for 539". With dome removed, would make for a 9.4-1 ish with 124cc chamber. $185. I'll take the domes off for small $.

"airgap" 2115 intake. On my 11.66 at 114 truck engine. Make offer.

Would entertain fair offer on complete 11.66 e.t. truck 514" engine, or shortblock only. See my sig for details. Has 18cc dish probes from marty, would be 10.4-1 or so with 80cc head.

All plus shipping. Instead of questions here, email me at dbrode@atlanticbb.net.
Dave

pm sent

crazy

Reaction score
Re: Edited ; Reducing parts pile

dave brode said:
Any N20 guys here?

Among other thing, I ebay'd a never used NOS brand fogger setup. I also have a used 250 NOS plate kit, and an extra plate so it could be used for 2x4s that I may list.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :MESELX:IT

Dave

what n2o :drool: i use it a Lil bit :rolleyes: all in moderation :quoties:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 4,150