81 Trans Am 500 Caddy

Discussion in 'Big Block Cadillacs' started by PJ McCoy, Jul 23, 2015.

1. 48Austin

48Austin Safty First! Then pull the trigger!

What vehicle(s) do you drive?:
    1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
    Dropped a ST10 on my chest. "Only a year ago or two" :rolleyes:. Laid under the car for half an hour before somebody found me.

Roy Heisenberg and PJ McCoy like this.
  2. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

DANG!!

You needed one of those little buttons that alerts rescuers, "I'm pinned under a car and can't get up."

d

3. PJ McCoy

PJ McCoy Well-Known Member

The torque convert hits the flex plate. The mounting pads on the Converter smaller than my stock converter. About an 1/8 maybe less. Hughes recommends putting flat washer between the flexplate and converter.

This chest cold is getting more difficult to handle. I did nothing Friday trying to fight off this cold. I thought I could work through it. But the cold air and cold concrete got the better of me. Dont get me wrong. Im thankful to have a garage with concrete and a door. I was under the weather before I went out to work on the car. Thats why I was impressed with how much I got done. But in the long run, I actually slowed down by pushing myself.
    I dont feel good today either. Maybe Sunday or Monday I can do a little and report back.
    Thanks to all for the support and good humor.
    Bro.D!
    My heart and prayers go out to you and yours.
    PJ

Roy Heisenberg likes this.
  4. 48Austin

48Austin Safty First! Then pull the trigger!

1964 Commercial, 1948 Austin, 58 Pan
    Just rest. Get better, then thrash.

5. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

PJ,

Stay down! Trust me, your body and health is worth a hell of a lot more than ANY car!! Your family needs you alive and well.

On a personal note: Thanks to all for the words of condolence.

bro. d

6. Roy Heisenberg

Roy Heisenberg The 472 Crank is stronger due to overlap

472 Caddy in a ‘75 Jeep J-20 TH-400 Dana-60 100LL
    Hot Toddy may help ?

For any bad cold, get a big bottle of Bushmills, and lots of fresh honey. Then, brew up some earl grey tea.

Put about 3 fingers of Bushmills in a tall glass, add 1/4 cup honey, top off with hot tea. Stir it up and then dream of Caddy Big Blocks as you sip on that hot toddy.

Enjoy !

PS. I call it a Hot Caddy & it will cure your cold.

7. PJ McCoy

Thanks Dr.Roy

Roy Heisenberg likes this.
  8. PJ McCoy

Got the 3.42 gears in. I have the 2500 stall converter in. So I hope to bring you all some good news as to how she drives now. Also I have a micro switch for the carby and detent switch too. If I can get all that done Wed. I will be a very happy man! Sorry, That was not politically correct.
    I will be a very happy "person". Yeah thats it. We all have to be on point with all this "new self identifying" business going on.
    Good weather in the forcast and a 4 day work week. Things are looking better. After the road test I will have to plan on sub fram connectors. Ive only been talking about that for ummm almost 2 yrs.
    Btw, I am a procrastination king. So much so that I want to write a book about it.
    But I will do that later.

9. PJ McCoy

Drove the car a bit today. Car to loud and I cant hear any rear-end howl.lol. thats just funny. :p
    Anyway here is a quick little driveway burn out i did. Remember my dash is out and I have no idea what rpm or mph.

PJ

10. PJ McCoy

11. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

LOVELY!!!!

You've Got Torque!!

That has to feel good, cause I know it looks good. Well done!

bro. d

I've been out in the garage for the past two days. Just trying to catch up to your progress, Young Man!
    (Or, is that Young Person??) :rolleyes:

BULL CRAP!! :D

Red98422 and kzhurley like this.
  12. PJ McCoy

Thank you. Yes it did. It was one of those moments that keeps me smiling. Get this. Remember the neighbors I mentioned a while back on this thread? Well I now have a "sense" about my car. When I drive it or start it the county PoPo drives by. Every freaken time. So Monday I did the burn outs in my drive. Lol. The Popo shows up. Stops at the end and says, "I see your keeping it all on your private property" Yup! Im having a ball too. Mr. Popo then says he really likes the sound of my car and was sitting down the road at the stop sign. He turned out to be a really cool dude. He has a "sportsman truck" what ever that is, even told me were he "Tests" his truck down in old trap on county road! I called B.S and said you want to trap me. He then showed me pics on his phone. He has a 502 big block that sounds great too. Ill have to hang out there sometime and see for myself. I just might pull up against that truck. :sneaky:

Confucius says, Never race a cop for a box of doughnuts. You will loose every time!
    If you did win, you still loose.

PJ

Red98422 and kzhurley like this.
  13. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Get to know the Popo guy, and IF he is for real, race him on the old county road.
    Regardless of who wins, split the donuts between the two of you and leave the empty box on your neighbors lawn!

That's called "Justice."

bro. d

PJ McCoy and El Diablo like this.
  14. PJ McCoy

I thought about having the cop pop his lights on me in front of the neighbors house as I speed away and dont stop. That would get the "Jones" talk'en. LOL. They have cameras on all sides of the house. The littering would get me a fine for sure.
    PJ

15. Cadillac Kid 1

Cadillac Kid 1 Well-Known Member

Man this sure brings back a memory of my misspent youth. I had a BSA 650 and a friend of mine was an LA motor cop. He was working in my part of town and we were going to have dinner together. In order to cut the drive to the restaurant shorter I took off on the Beezer and he followed me down a main boulevard with his red lights and siren on the Harley. The rest is classified and will remain untold to protect the less than innocent. Cops are funn loving humans too.
    Greg Surfas

USSCADY, PJ McCoy and Darius like this.
  16. Monzallac 425

Monzallac 425 Active Member

Raced a cops once in a while in ole Rochester NY in my 62 Belair built 283 /glide back in the Mid 70's, much fun.

We lost cops in my friends 70 Nova 350 4 speed one night, they had the 77 Nova's at the time, one was pissed when he couldnt catch us and used the radio to have another 2 to stop us , the Nova cop came and ripped open our hood, and gave our friend a bunch of tickets. He made us park the car and walk home.

Cops were cool back then......;)

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Darius and PJ McCoy like this.
  17. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Some still are cool. :whistle:

d

Monzallac 425 and PJ McCoy like this.
  18. El Diablo

El Diablo Active Member

1959 Cadillac Sedan deVille
    There is (or was) an Arizona DPS officer that lived in the small town of Tacna. He had a Camaro, vette, Buick GN, Olds 442, 55 & 57 Belair, a few mustangs, and a Plymouth GTX all parked in his front yard. The rumor is that if he caught you speeding, he would offer you a race. If you win, you could keep your car. If you lost, he kept your car. I also heard he was into so really shady stuff but that's another story for a different day.

19. Monzallac 425

Monzallac 425 Active Member

Never did get pulled over by DPS in AZ when I lived there, even in my cement mixer but did get pulled over in my Monza by Surprise police, didn't help I had NY plates still on....:crap:

Damn red light cameras got me once in my S10, didn't make it fast enough crossing the lines when the light was yellow......:crap:

Doug in P.R.:cool:

PJ McCoy likes this.
  20. PJ McCoy

So how fast was that Monza with the 425? Do you have a detailed thread? Did you have overheating issues in Az with it?