70 deville hydroboost

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Natonia1969, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Natonia1969

Natonia1969 Active Member

Hey guys, I'm looking into putting a hydroboost brake system on my 70 Cadillac deville. Aka "the Villian" I have noticed that when I look up regular brake boosters on Ebay that it says chevelle, camaro, nova. 9" booster also fits my car. So in theory the hydroboost set ups they have for these cars should fit mine. Has anyone ever used a brake booster from one of these cars to verify fitment? Or have hydroboost on their 69 or 70 Cadillac and can give me some tips? Thanks.

2. Cad Man

Cad Man Member

I would cross reference a eldo with vacuum booster get that part number and see if your car takes the same booster. If it does you can get a 76 up eldo hydro boost for cheap and it should fit

Rock auto would be a good site to do that on.. not sure when theh came out with hydro boost. But 76 eldo for sure had it as a option

Natonia1969 and Darius like this.
  3. Natonia1969

Good suggestion I'm sure a 76 Eldorado would fit. But rockauto only has a rebuild service for that part. Still looking but its good to know I'll probably be able to use the Eldorado set up from pump, lines, and booster

4. Natonia1969

What my research has found is a guy with a 72 chevelle used a 76 Eldorados complete hydroboost set up hoses and all and it was a direct bolt in. Now I need to see if the 75 Eldorado uses the same brake booster as my 70 deville bc 75 and 76 Eldorados are the same car but hydro was used in 76. So hopefully...I should be able to use an aftermarket willwood hydroboost for a 72 chevelle and use Eldorado lines. Will let you guys know

nosgood likes this.
  5. Natonia1969

70 deville refences with older Cadillacs back to 67. Not what I wanted to find out but I'm sure I can modify. I just wanted direct installation

6. Red98422

Red98422 Active Member

Typical hydraulic systems (for HE) use standard JIC fittings. Not too sure on power steering...could always go to a hose supply for hydraulic equipment. They make tons of crimped fitting hoses cut and sized as you want them right on the spot.

Sorry I can’t be of more help on the booster situation, I do wish you the best of luck on your research. I’m considering a hydro setup as well, but I have a manual steering car so my routing and parts sourcing would be much easier

7. Natonia1969

I think a hydroboost that fits in a 72 chevelle will work. Should be able to order Eldorado lines but finding the exact part number Eldorado unit has been pretty difficult.

8. Darius

Darius Well-Known Member

Getting "there" can become a chore, can't it.

Have you noticed that it is the small details that slow you down?

Best,

bro. d

9. gary kosier

gary kosier Active Member

Bob Stone out in southern Illinois has been assembling kits for the GMC Motorhomes. I haven't done anything
    but read on the subject. The units have differences, but are all pretty much interchangeable. The bracket between
    the unit and the firewall are different and the rod from the pedal is different. A little welding takes care of that.
    Just make new hoses to fit your needs. Also, remove the washers in the power steering pumpp that set the output
    pump pressure.

Gary Kosier

Natonia1969 likes this.