4l80e

Firebird 67

Reaction score
I have bought the 4l80e. He also had a tci controller that have never been used so i bought that one too. It has  a hei interface and connection to a tps. I might want to upgrade the converter to a 2000 rpm one. That brand is best protorque or tci.

Keith in CO

Reaction score
Re: 4l80e and Cad powered Studebakers

Darius said:
Are you working on a 4L80E project and how far along are you?

Darius

Hey Darius,
The TH400 in my 500cid 4x4 is dying a slow death, and I am trying to figure out whether to put $$ into a rebuild or into a 4L80e. I would love to have the OD (so I can put lower axle gears in), but I do not want to spend $1k on aftermarket electonic controllers plus the cost of buying the 4L80e, so I am still wanting to find out if anyone has actually made a JY diesel controller work behind the Caddy gasser.

BTW: Since my 429Cad/TH400 switchpitch Stude pick up street rod has been sitting in my garage for over a year untouched, I am planning to put it up on epay, and move on to other projects.

mario

Reaction score
hey Keith in CO:

BTW: Since my 429Cad/TH400 switchpitch Stude pick up street rod has been sitting in my garage for over a year untouched, I am planning to put it up on epay, and move on to other projects.

any picts and history, before evil pay?

thanks.
ciao,
mario

Darius

Reaction score
Re: 4l80e and Cad powered Studebakers

Keith in CO said:
Hey Darius,
The TH400 in my 500cid 4x4 is dying a slow death, and I am trying to figure out whether to put $$ into a rebuild or into a 4L80e. I would love to have the OD (so I can put lower axle gears in), but I do not want to spend $1k on aftermarket electonic controllers plus the cost of buying the 4L80e, so I am still wanting to find out if anyone has actually made a JY diesel controller work behind the Caddy gasser.

Why don't you just go ahead and swizzle water in front of a thristy man? 

Tell me more about that Stude pickup. You know, we might be able to make a deal. Got pictures?

Darius

Keith in CO

Reaction score
Re: Studebaker w/Cad

Boy, am I hijacking here or what?

This is a 1/2 ton 2R I bought in '91 and rebuilt from the frame up in 92 and 93. Fair weather daily driver with about 20k since then. Right now I am installing a rear from a 79 Deville (2:28? gears) as the posi it had became locked (great traction, bad on tires), so I'll get some pictures when I get it down off the jacks.

GM Victory red with grey and black interior. 429, TH400 switchpitch, and front frame clip (IFS, PS, PB) from a 66 Deville. Stock rebuild on the engine, with a Holley 650, dual Hooker exhaust. Body is stock except for gas door in bed side as I relocated the gas tank to the frame rails using a Rock Valley custom stainless steel tank. Fiberglass front fenders (no more rust - ever!!) Narrowed rear bumper. Receiver hitch hidden under hinged license plate. Tonnoeu (sp?) cover. Ron Francis wiring. Tilt collomn. Sony CD/stereo. Pro installed head liner. I'lll think of more later.

Tony kay

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1970 caddilac
turbo 400 is where he got better millage -maximum torque specialties forumn is where i seen it-cruz rpms is where your going to get millage,i tend to believe it,thou i like the idea of overdrive but not with a cad-hell your allready going seventy
Are you saying that if I put a 4l80 behind my 472 the overdrive wont kick in till around 70? If so then thats perfect because 75 is the average cruising speed on the highway these days