472 vs 500 on airboat

a1mudpuppy

Reaction score
There not lost, His daughter misplaced them somewhere in his shop. The Lifters where Rodes Lifters, both the lifters and chain where in the same card board box. He ordered performance lifts NDA. Bondsman it's not Spring Hill Speed shop. It's Ken's Speed & Machine Shop in Brooksville. He has been working out of the same shop for 30 years. He has done work for me off and on for 25 of those 30 years.

It's been 4 months with out my Airboat I'm not drag racing the boat so stock should be fine.I'm ready to get the dam think back in the water or I'll be looking for a new place to stay. :tired: :screwy: The wife is about ready to kick me out :eyepopping:

To much time at the house...

bondsman

Reaction score
i know pontiac dude he is a good guy and his dauhter is verry smart as well when it comes to performance a little slow on the machine work because of all his pontiac specailties but if you got patiance ken and his guys do good work.

T-REX

Reaction score
mudpuppy- where are you exactly ? actually where are you all at ? maddog and myself are in south florida, but i just came back from ocala and within 10 days im headin north again.......hopen i might catch a ride with somebody up there.....yesterday i put a offer on three acres in summerfield ( just south of ocala ).............hope it works out...........sick of bein overcrowded

a1mudpuppy

Reaction score
Bondsman and I are in Hernando Co. We are at ext 301 off of I-75 then head West. Stan is up by Lake George which is North East of Ocala. T-Rex it's getting that way everywhere. I hope this intrest hike stops it.
There is going to be a big run put on by KRVSA at Kissimmee in Oct we all should hook up then!! :yes:

OK like I stated before They misplaced some parts which I stop by today and they gave me back. Now since it's been over 90 days Summit is going to charge me 10% plus shipping. So should I sell them on Ebay or take the loss?...Which by the way they meaning Summit sent the wrong timing set. It's for a Caddy but it's a single roller set.

T-REX

Reaction score
if its just lifters and timing chain, maybe just save them for the spare motor

yea my buddy lives off of 301 but east to 27(441) north like 2 mins. actually when i go up ill be sleeping in the "villages" .  ill have to give you all a call when i head back up that way-shit my boat might be done come october..........have something to shoot for!

STDog

Reaction score
a1mudpuppy said:
Well then Summit needs to stop advertising that it's a double roller than.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... 39&FROM=MG

That's the part number that they sent me.

Agreed, the places should fix their listings.
But, look at page 6 of the current catalog
http://www.cloyes.com/images/CloyesHighPerformCat-2002.pdf
It says 2002, but that's the link on the web  :screwy:
It also doesn't list the new "Street" part number, that is being sold 9-1139

I think the issue stems from all the other "Original" and "Street" set being double rollers.

425 Caddy

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
Nissan Titan
I bought a project airboat that has a Cadillac 425 direct drive on it. what are some of the Caddy guys thoughts on this build ?

Caddylackn

Reaction score
Can you give us some pictures and specifics?
What intake?carb? Is the cam stock (does it have a lope?)
headers? What head numbers does it have (under the valve covers)? Get us a photo.
Are you sure its a 425? There are only a few differences notable on the outside from a 425 versus a 472/500.