472 vs 500 on airboat

A

Anonymous

MD is right, even if you had thick enough gaskets or cut pistons, or what ever, fitting the Edelbrock would suck a big fatty. The sumbitches need a trim any way with no decking. Cut the block .025 and you need to pull .080 off each side and almost .120 off the ends. They'll bolt on w/o that, but they're not right as far as port alignment goes. I think they owe you a block with all the work you already paid for IMO.

T-REX

Reaction score
they definitely owe you a block.............or some small chamber heads- finished-seats valves ect.

A

Anonymous

:cursing:  dont chuck it   stan    before give it away  ! let me know   short rods   ! :tapedshut: thought they made  a higher pin  piston for it ! :crossfingers: yea i got two scuds  missile left from fishing last trip want to borrow one, sorry to hear that  stan !

stan

Reaction score
Well the ole boy is makin it right ,also he put his help down the road ,seems like this was the second time he had trouble with him reading a dial indicator and cuting a block to much.
fatboy , I'll see what I can do to aquire the block, now that it belongs to the macine shop ,for ya .Ya gotta big boat that needs anchorin ?

A

Anonymous

AS LONG AS HE MAKES IT RIGHT  !  THATS COOL ! DAMN HIRED HELP THESE DAYS ! :cursing:

a1mudpuppy

Reaction score
OK I found where I made a copy of the card that came with the cam. Guys take a look and see what you think. After 3 months and 3 weeks I should have my engine back this coming week :D :D :D I should of had it this past week but of course nothing goes like it should. And as far as packing your oil pump with vaseline ...
DON"T DO IT :soapbox: :bs: Take that dist. out and prime it the right way. Taking the short cut will put that thick lub in you oil filter and and everywhere else until the engine heats up. It could of been the start of the problem but the new oil pump took a dump because the plunger stuck wide open making the engine loose it's prime. Anyway look to be back ont the water soon. :D

Attachments

• cam card.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 24

stan

Reaction score
I believe I have the same grind from the same company on the bench ready to go in this engine my thoughts which are probably wrong is the engine should pull a big prop  quickly up to around to 4500 . I'm realy guessing here at 364 hp at 4500.

T-REX

Reaction score
glad to hear that they are making it right, thats fair enough.......im interested in seeing what those cam numbers are- im waiting on a new cam from potter now- and scat h-beam rods- and his probe roller rockers..... :thumbup:

cadillac512

Reaction score
Tried to post a text copy of that cam card......but no luck. :weeping:  :shakehead:

Terry

Attachments

• cam card[2].pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 15

STDog

Reaction score
cadillac512 said:
Tried to post a text copy of that cam card......but no luck. :weeping:  :shakehead:
CAM TECHNIQUES 6791-E Whitfield Industrial Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34243 (941) 727-5552 FAX (941) 727-7037
www.camtechniques.com
GRIND NO. 9-292-10 Cam- Tech Hydraulic
Cadillac V-8
VALVE LASH
Intake .000 Exhaust .000 Hot
LIFT
Intake .292 at cam .502 at valve
Exhaust .292 at cam .502 at valve
DURATION
Intake 286* advertised 218* at .050 cam lift
Exhaust 286* advertised 218* at .050 cam lift
VALVE TIMING at .050 cam lift
Intake opens 3* BTDC closes 35* ABDC
Exhaust opens 43* BBDC closes -5* ATDC

These timing numbers indicate: 4* Advance 106* Intake C/L

dave brode

Reaction score
110 LSA+4. If the lift is calc'd with 1.72-1, it's .291 lobe lift [.481" with 1.65-1].

Looking at the .050" numbers, its kinda like a copy of Comp's 268HE there. However, with 292* seat [.006", I ASSume], it must have really slow ramps. Might not be too bad on stock rockers, if so.

How much compression?

Dave

Dave

STDog said:
CAM TECHNIQUES 6791-E Whitfield Industrial Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34243 (941) 727-5552 FAX (941) 727-7037
www.camtechniques.com
GRIND NO. 9-292-10 Cam- Tech Hydraulic
Cadillac V-8
VALVE LASH
Intake .000 Exhaust .000 Hot
LIFT
Intake .292 at cam .502 at valve
Exhaust .292 at cam .502 at valve
DURATION
Intake 286* advertised 218* at .050 cam lift
Exhaust 286* advertised 218* at .050 cam lift
VALVE TIMING at .050 cam lift
Intake opens 3* BTDC closes 35* ABDC
Exhaust opens 43* BBDC closes -5* ATDC

These timing numbers indicate: 4* Advance 106* Intake C/L

a1mudpuppy

Reaction score
Flat tops with 120cc heads should give me 9:2 to 1.

Just drop by the speed shop today to here that they lost my "Cloyes Original True Roller Timing Set" and my lifters. He had to order lifters and used a stock set of timing gears. Anyway Finish assembly Tues-Wed. Break it in Thursday and pick it up Friday :crossfingers:

A

Anonymous

YOU AND STAN DONT KNOW ABOUT YALL ! MACHINE SHOPS ARE NOT YALL GOOD POINTS  ! GOOD DEAL THOUGH   BACK IN THE WETT ! THATS COOL ! :thumbup:CAM TECHS  HAVE MADE A LOT OF DIRECT DRIVE  BOATS  PERFORM  VERY WELL  MY CAM ALMOST THE SAME LITTLE FASTER RAMPS LITTLE MORE LIFT !

bondsman

Reaction score
hey bill i hope you are not dealing with springhill speed and custom they do not know shit about caddy's and will  :bs: you till you are blue in the face.

STDog

Reaction score
a1mudpuppy said:
Just drop by the speed shop today to here that they lost my "Cloyes Original True Roller Timing Set" and my lifters. He had to order lifters and used a stock set of timing gears.

:bs: You don't just "loose" and expensive, performance timing set, and replace it with stock parts.

And what about the lifters? Were they perfomance lifters being replaced with stock type too?