3600 stall tq converter

cadillac512

Reaction score
This is a serious high quality converter made by "Dynamic Converters" in Delaware. I used it in the "T" for two weekends and then swapped engines and cams and that required a much higher stall unit. This converter is like brand new. It's what is referred to as a 9.5" unit but measures closer to 10" O.D.

It stalls on the brakes (third gear manual VB T400 and HARD on the brakes) to 3600 rpm behind a pretty serious Cadillac that ran 10's in a 2500# car. It flashes the same 3600 rpm at launch leaving the line.

It has very low slippage at the top end...a nice efficient converter.

It will drive nicely at part throttle...no revving up to get moving...acts like a much milder converter at street driving speeds. In fact, it would be a nice converter for a hot street car. You can drive it almost like a stocker until you hit the gas hard.
This bolts up to a standard Cad flexplate pattern and has a +1/8" rear hub where it fits in the crankshaft. Cads just barely register deep enough there so I ordered it this way to make it fit well.

This thing cost me $650 back in '05 or so (yes, been stored that long in the original box) and has maybe 30 passes on it. I'll take $300 plus shipping if you think it might work for you.

Terry

ccjohn2

Reaction score
Hi Terry, was inquiring about the converter. Do you still have it?
If you remember I purchased the other converter from you. I'm building a bigger bullet with more cam and will need more converter. Charles

cadillac512

Reaction score
Hi Terry, was inquiring about the converter. Do you still have it?
If you remember I purchased the other converter from you. I'm building a bigger bullet with more cam and will need more converter. Charles

Hi Charles;
I do have the converter. Left you a PM. Thanks!
Terry

Last edited: