2007 DTS Head Gasket Repair Question

bschelle

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 DTS
My 07 DTS has the head gasket problem. I am taking it to a place to have the heads studded. What else should I consider changing during the repair? Any suggestions? I have 170,000 on the clock.

Fleetwood

Reaction score
I might be late, but check if the coolant purge line is blocked, start the engine and disconnect the small hose on top of the coolant tank, if no coolant comes out, that's the problem. I once bought a 2006 DTS with a "head gasket" problem, with intention to stud it. Well the only problem was that purge line was blocked, free fix.

bschelle

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
2007 DTS
I might be late, but check if the coolant purge line is blocked, start the engine and disconnect the small hose on top of the coolant tank, if no coolant comes out, that's the problem. I once bought a 2006 DTS with a "head gasket" problem, with intention to stud it. Well the only problem was that purge line was blocked, free fix.
I have good flow on the purge line. I disconnected it and coolant came out of the bolt and I blew air backwards into the recovery tank and it was not plugged.

Last edited by a moderator: