1977 Fuel Injection help

Bruce Roe

Reaction score
The cost to fix the enrichment circuit in the ECU, is less than
the postage. Bruce Roe

G

G-230157

Recently acquired 1977 Eldorado with factory fuel injection, and trying to get it to start.
Car cranks, I get spark, and in-tank fuel pump is running with ignition in RUN position. But the inline fuel pump doesn't run, and I get no fuel to injector rail.
Are inline and in-tank fuel pumps both controlled by the ECU? Is spark/distributor controlled by ECU?
Just trying to get some ideas, i'm suspecting a bad ECU/fuel pump relay, but the car is parked in the grass, and have yet to get under the car to test the fuel pump by supplying 12v to it directly.
I have the same issue with my inline electric fuel pump you will have to connect it directly to the battery that's what I did to mine to fix it

Boltonius

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1978 Cadillac DeVille; 1965 Bus with Cad 500
Bruce has repaired the EFI computer in my '78, and it worked a whole lot better after that-especially since my computer is meant for the 350B Olds engine version of this system!!

Regarding the pics of side panel rust.. oof! That's pretty advanced cancer. Time to buy a MIG welder and learn to shape sheet metal.. But in the end you'll have a heckuva disco cruiser!

Ruben pasillas

Reaction score
What vehicle(s) do you drive?
1977 Cadillac eldorado
Recently acquired 1977 Eldorado with factory fuel injection, and trying to get it to start.
Car cranks, I get spark, and in-tank fuel pump is running with ignition in RUN position. But the inline fuel pump doesn't run, and I get no fuel to injector rail.
Are inline and in-tank fuel pumps both controlled by the ECU? Is spark/distributor controlled by ECU?
Just trying to get some ideas, i'm suspecting a bad ECU/fuel pump relay, but the car is parked in the grass, and have yet to get under the car to test the fuel pump by supplying 12v to it directly.
I was having the same problem so all I did was bypass it and hook it up directly to the battery and it works fine