Segment-leading, award-winning SUV receives an aggressive new black-accented look
Los Angeles — Cadillac is introducing the 2019 Sport Edition, a bold new look for those who aren’t afraid of the dark. This new black-accented version is the first special edition available for the current generation of the sales- and segment-leading, award-winning SUV.
Offered on Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum models, the new Sport Edition is distinguished by gloss black exterior trim, including the front grilles, window moldings, body side moldings and more, as well as a unique Midnight Silver finish on the standard 22-inch wheels.
“Two decades after its introduction, the Escalade remains the segment’s benchmark and sales leader,” said Steve Carlisle, Cadillac president. “The Sport Edition extends that momentum in response to customer and dealer demand for a dark and aggressive look.”
Escalade has led the full-size luxury SUV segment in sales for 15 of its 20 years on the road, driven by a powerful blend of sophisticated style, uncompromising capability, innovative technology and exceptional craftsmanship.
Escalade’s list of awards keeps growing. In fact, J.D. Power named the Escalade as having the “Best Initial Quality and Resale Value among Large Premium SUVs,” and Consumer Guide® Automotive named it a Best Buy Award winner for five consecutive years.
A powerful 6.2L V-8 engine rated at an SAE-certified 420 hp (313 kW) drives all models. Each model is available in 2WD and 4WD configurations and can go from 0 to 60 mph in less than 6 seconds.
As with other Cadillac models, the Escalade features the latest Cadillac user experience system, offering connectivity and embedded navigation with intuitive, smartphone-like functionality.
Additional highlights and select features offered include:
- Magnetic Ride Control with driver-selectable modes.
- Available 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot (includes 3GB/three-month data trial).
- Automatic Parking Assist.
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats with power-folding third row.
- Heated and cooled front seats with heated second-row bucket seats.
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents.
- 12.3-inch-diagonal instrument cluster display with high-resolution digital driver information center.
- Bose® Centerpoint audio system featuring 16 speakers.
- Hands-free liftgate with Cadillac logo illumination.
The Escalade Sport Edition package is $2,700, and the starting MSRP in the U.S.A. is $84,790 including destination charge. It will be available for orders beginning in Q1 of 2019. For more information, please visit Cadillac.com. Discuss the Cadillac Escalade Sport Edition in our Cadillac forum.